Monday 16 January 2012

Introductions

Hello readers!


My name is Emma. I am half Serbian and half American and I have lived in Dubai, UAE for the past 6 years. I graduated High School in 2011 and I am currently pursuing a gap year. The most exciting part of my gap year is my upcoming trip to Benin with a programme called The Humanity Exchange. For those of you who don't know, Benin is a small West African country that is sandwiched between Togo to the West and Nigeria to the East. I will be staying in the voodoo capital, Ouidah, a small city close to the capital of Benin, Cotonou.


As Benin is a francophone country I will be studying French in order to be able to communicate with the locals and more importantly, the orphaned children I will be taking care of during my stay. I will be staying in Benin for two months and my trip is to commence on the 9th of March! I have a whole slew of emotions running through me as the date to my departure nears, nervousness, anticipation, and anxiety to name a few, but I know that this trip will change my life in an unimaginable way and I am excited for my journey ahead. 



2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading all the details of your trip! Wish I was coming with you, you are doing a great and very exciting thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KOLIKO MI JE DRAGO DA CES OBAVLJATI JEDAN HUMAN I ZNACAJAN POSAO, TOLIKO SE I PLASIM, POGOTVO ZATO STO NISTA O TOJ ZEMLJI NE ZNAM, NI O NJIHOVOJ EKONOMIJI, POLITICI I TD. DRZIM PESNICE DA SVE BUDE SUPER, PRATICU POBOZNO TVOJ BLOG I DELICU SVE TVOJE DOZIVLJAJE I RAZMISLJANJA. UVEK UZ TEBE

    ReplyDelete