Thursday 8 March 2012

On y va! Mes pensées...

Dear Readers,


It is now 7:30 am (Paris time +1) and I am currently in the airport in Paris waiting for my connecting flight to Cotonou at 1:50 pm. I have a bit of time so I decided to write a post about my thoughts and feelings. Well firstly, I am exhausted. I had a red-eye flight from Dubai to Paris and luckily I managed to sleep nearly the whole time, but the seats barely reclined so it was like sleeping at a 90 degree angle. Secondly, I am sad. I am sad because I miss my family, my snicky snocky, and my Rani and I am sad that it may be a long time before I get to see them and hold them again. Thirdly, I am scared. I am not afraid to admit that I am scared because I can honestly say that this is and is going to be the hardest things I've ever had to do in my life. I am scared of the unknown, of being lost in translation, and of having no idea what to expect. However, not all my feelings are negative. I am so excited. I am excited to see a completely new country, to experience a completely different way of life, to meet people who are so different to me and who are accustomed to things that are completely alien to me. Most of all, I am excited to meet the children. I am so excited to get to know them, to offer them whatever I can, to care for them, and to learn from them. I am sure that meeting them and getting to know them will be an experience that will benefit me as much as I plan on it benefitting them. Lastly, I am hopeful. I am hopeful that my experience is one that will change the way I view life and I am hopeful that I will feel safe. It's silly for me to hope that I will feel comfortable, because this trip is something far beyond my comfort zone, but I am hopeful that what I end up doing is something that is TRULY helpful to the children in the orphanage, and I guess you could say that that on its own is one of the greatest comforts of all. 

2 comments:

  1. Love your entries, please keep writing often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im loving your blog baby ...you are an amazing person , GOD is with you.
    Love
    Rani <3

    ReplyDelete